Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Week 95, 7/25/17



Hello cuties!   

Man, this week has been another crazy one.  There is so much that happens every day but sadly so far this transfer the bulk of our time has been spent in the office doing administrative things.  There is so much going on and coming up in the mission right now!!  The highlight of this week was definitely getting Facebook access. As some of you may have noticed, I am on Facebook as a missionary.  Its pretty exciting, I think this will enable our mission to take a step up in the work.  People are so much more easy to keep in touch with and have daily contact with by sharing meaningful things on Facebook! So yeah, I'm pretty pumped to see how it goes.  


I had questionable luck contacting these Eskimo cheerleaders on light rail.  At least I got a good selfie. 

However, Ill be honest.  As I have gone through and cleaned up my account and unfollowed a bunch of people, it has made me think more about home than I have in a while😂 And holy crap, ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE IS MARRIED.  Anyways, its pretty annoying but I'm pretty much done cleaning up my account and now I will be able to focus simply on connecting with and helping those we meet and teach come closer to Christ.  I really do believe that the Lord has given us this tool to help hasten the work here the blessed CEM.  We also had another MLC meeting on Thursday to help the MLC (Mission Leadership Council for all of you who forgot what that stood for) set up their smartphones and we gave a training on online proselyting to introduce facebook.  



It honestly went a lot more terrible than we anticipated setting up the phones😂 Everyone was having a bunch of problems haha.  We finally got it figured out though thank goodness.  I can't really think of anything else that would be worth writing about this week sadly.  We did get to do some finding and as usual had some great conversations and taught people about the Savior and His restored gospel, but nothing has quite developed with those conversations yet.  

I am REALLY looking forward to next transfer when there isnt 3 million things to organize and we can give so much more attention to the Southgate area!  Well I hope all of you are doing great and at least working towards getting married, because if you're not it looks like you about the only one.  Sheesh..   

Cereal party with traveling APs

E. Hlavaty came and visited with his fam!

Weekly Scripture: 1 Corinthians 12:19-23 > 19 And if they were all one member, where were the body? > 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. > 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. > 22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: > 23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honorable, upon these we bestow more abundant honor; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.   

Pics: 1)My good homie and past comp Steve Hlavaty came and his family took us out to dinner:):) 2) Cereal party with the Travelling assistants 3-4)MLC pics 5) I tried to contact these Edmonton Eskimos (Edmontons CFL team) cheerleaders on the LRT as they were coming back from a parade hahaha. It was going well until I started shifting the conversation toward spiritual things, then they got all quiet and awkward :( I figured I would get a selfie with them though cuz its not every day you run into Eskis cheerleaders 😏 6) exchange selfie with the studly elder miller

No comments:

Post a Comment