Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Week 88, 6/6/17




Hey cuties.   

The weather is so perfect here!  Everything is green, alive, and there is just such a good feeling here Edmonton. It still feels surreal with how brutal winter was... life is good!  This week was stellar! 

We are all ready for Elder Ballard to visit the mission this Saturday, and we are pumped. I have never met an Apostle in person before an I am so excited to hear what the Lord has to tell me through him.  We also got to do a bunch of missionary work his week! Thankfully we live right next to an LRT station, so we have been finding (or at least attempting to) the gators like nobody's s business. We found a couple really solid people who I will hopefully have more to say about next week. Victoria in particular, we are really excited about her!  We are still teaching Ray, but there's not many updates there.  His health is brutally declining.  It is so amazing to see how much he lights up when we talk about spiritual things though.  He's the type of guy who you think about and say, "he's just such a good guy." We are going to help him clean his gross basement this week.   
Exchange with E. Neilson - such a stud
We also have a really intellectual, talkative guy named Gxxx who is currently on sanctioned church attendance because he had a pretty vulgar altercation with the whole gospel doctrine class like 6 months ago.  He has been investigating on and off for about 8 years. Anyways, he can only go to sacrament meeting right now, and in the past 6 months he has made more progress than ever before and now he really feels like he should be able to go to more of church, and he has a meeting with the bishop next Sunday to discuss whether or not his sanctions will be lifted.  

I got to go on exchanges back to River Valley on Wednesday with Elder Nelson, it was a grand time.  We pretty much tracted all day, nothing has changed in River Valley haha. I also get to Ellerslie again tonight and tomorrow with elder moody!! And I get to teach Heather, Meccana, Bobby, Jack, and Monica and Roycent too. :):) the whole crew. I love these people in Edmonton so much.   

We got to go to the temple this morning. :) it's always an amazing time at the temple, such a good opportunity to receive revelation and feel close to God.  Well sorry my emails have been pretty lame lately, I'm to that point where I would much rather spend time playing sports than write an entertaining email.  Let it be known though that being a missionary is pretty much the best thing ever.   

Love you all tons, talk to ya next week:)  

 Weekly Scripture: 2 Nephi 4:20-21 20 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep. 21 He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh.  
Lessons with chiropractors...   E. Hunsakers posture is hopeless


No comments:

Post a Comment