Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Week 85, 5/16/17



Hey!   

Some quick good news: Heathers 9 year old son Jack (the only one of her kids who didnt get baptized on April 15th) chose to be baptized this week and is now on date for June 3rd! Happy day:)   


Studly E. Simonton
This week was kind of a kick in the pants to be honest.  We have been down in Red Deer working with all the companionships in the city.  As usual it has been mostly tracting and street contacting.  We have had some great conversations and found some people who seem to be prepared by the Lord, that's always a good feeling. 😊  I say this week was a kick in the pants mostly because I have been sick since Thursday.  Definitely the sickest I have been on my mission.  My tonsils were so huge....  The worst thing was the painkiller/fever reducer I was taking was making me a total zombie, I just felt totally fatigued and like a completely different person.  I kind of lost a lot of motivation for a bit.  But I got some antibiotics yesterday and I'm doing a bunch better now. πŸ‘πŸΌ Some drugs are worth it, some not so much.  

The highlight of the week was definitely talking to the fam, you guys are pretty cool I guess.  I'm definitely not one of those missionaries who doesn't get excited about talking to their family after the first or second time.  It's always a blast and I love you guys tons. 😊  

The wonderful people who share my genes.  It was an extremely short hour...πŸ˜ͺ😁

Funny story of the week: When I was serving with my good buddy Elder Aaron Christopher Klunker, occasionally we would pray in Spanish just to mix things up a bit.  It was pretty ghetto Spanish but it got the job done.  Well we were working with the Spanish elders for a few days down here and I prayed in Spanish a few times before comp study and planning and things like that, trying to embrace it and all. Well last night we had supper with them at a Hispanic members home, and they mentioned that I was "really good" at praying in Spanish, so after I already blessed the food in English at the beginning, the whole family insisted that I pray in Spanish when we were about to leave.  So I gave a super lame prayer in my nonexistent Spanish with a bunch of native speakers and some of them were giggling and stuff during my prayer.  Oh well. No hablo EspaΓ±ol.   

The life of a traveling missionary involves these lovely cots, as modeled by E. Meija

Hope you all have a stellar week.😊   

Weekly Scripture: Mormon 9:15 And now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you, have all these things passed, of which I have spoken? Has the end come yet? Behold I say unto you, Nay; and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles.   

Just found out a GA is visiting us in a few weeks.  Pres sent me this - he better joking!

No comments:

Post a Comment