Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Week 91, 6/26/17



My beloved kindred!!   

Jasper never ceases to amaze me. It seems like we went there like two days ago, but it was actually over a week ago. Crazy! Ill include some good pics.   

 
We actually had a missionary purpose for taking this photo.  Ask me someday...


Well this week was pretty awesome work wise.  Our investigator Tanesor is making some good progress.  He, as well as 3 other investigators (Ray, Cregg, and Ario), came to church on Sunday.  We had a great lesson with Tanesor on Saturday.  We taught the Plan of Salvation, and it was amazing how he, someone without much of a Christian background, was connecting all the pieces in his head.  We invited him to be baptized and he said he would give it some thought.  We also asked if we could teach the rest of his family as well as him and he seemed super down for it, hopefully that happens next time!  
This is how missionaries park.  We call it Celestial parking
I'm trying to think of other interesting things to write about.... We are ridiculously busy all the time and pretty much whenever I stop doing something that involves moving my legs and arms for more than 45 seconds I have to have an intense battle with myself to not fall asleep.  Pretty sure I could be like 50% better as a missionary if I weren't this tired all the time but oh well, the Lord helps me to do what He needs me to do. :)   

Lunch with Pres Pattison and his legendary tie-die apron

IHOP date with our favorite brown missionaries
We still go finding on the LRT (Edmonton light rail transit) all the time and there is always something interesting going on.  Whether it is a ridiculously drunk person freaking out for no reason, some high crazy person interrupting my conversation, us accidentally leaving Elder Griffin at a different station, somebody who literally walks around town looking like a life sized Barbie doll... the list is endless.  I love it though because there are so many great conversations to be had and great teaching opportunities to take.  Finding and teaching used to be kinda stressful and nerve racking for me, but over the course of my mission it has turned into stress relief - haha. I love sharing the gospel of Jesus of Christ with people!   
Well I hope all of you who went to Lake Powell without me last week enjoyed it.... whenever random people ask where I'm from I say Utah, and many times from there the conversation briefly turns into me telling them how great Utah is and how they need to visit the state, and especially go to Lake Powell, the greatest place on earth. 

Love Ya'll  

Weekly Scripture: John 14:26-27 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.   

Kate and Desiree from Slave Lake visited!


No comments:

Post a Comment