Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Monday, March 27, 2017

Week 77, 3/20/17



Hey cuties:)  You guessed it right, chaos has indeed struck again.  The explanation of this chaos that I'm talking about should also explain why I'm taking my p-day on a Friday. 
Sadly my Ellerslie days are over😪😪.  As my last comp Elder Anderson would say, "The spirit of the Lord has called me another way," and I have been transferred out of that blessed area and now I essentially have no area, its pretty quack, but also super awesome.  I am with Elder Mejia, and our responsibility is to travel the mission and stay in each area a couple days and go exchanges with the missionaries and help them and the work to progress in whatever way we can.
 
We have only been at it a week so far and it has been quite the adventure.  We take all the clothes we need, our food, bedding, and pretty much our whole lives around with us in our beautiful red RAV4.  I'm really excited to get to know all the elders and have some awesome experiences with them, and also for how much this will help me to learn and grow.  It will be a fun challenge :) 



Let me give a quick and very summarized run-down of how these last 10 days have been:  Last Thursday and Friday we had a couple epic MLC meetings.  On Thursday we received some awesome training from Brother Donaldson and Brother Nelson of the missionary department. It will help this mission out a ton.  They taught us about working with members using social media, seeing everything through the lens of the Doctrine of Christ, teaching simply, teaching out of Book of Mormon, and a bunch of other things. I would say I learned more in those 7 hours than any other 7 hours on my mission hands down. 
Thursday night us and a couple other missionaries met with president for a few hours and discussed how we can implement this into the mission. Friday we talked more about that same stuff as an MLC, and by the end of that meeting I was completely pooped out of meetings. Friday after that is when I officially left Ellerslie to go travel 💔 

Elder B - Dunk edit...



Saturday- Sunday night we worked with a couple different sets of Elders in Edmonton and helped them establish a "vision" for their area and set some goals.  Saturday night I took a young Elder contacting on the LRT (the 🚂 ) and we found a new investigator for them yippee:) I went to the Ellerslie Ward for church and got to say bye to Heather and her three kids McKenna, Bobby, and Jack (who are all on date for April 15th😄😄) and some awesome members.  Sadly Dorine wasn't there because of her crazy work schedule, but she is on date for April 15th as well so hopefully I will be town for those baptisms (by hopefully, I mean I am doing whatever it takes to make it happen). 

 
Monday morning we headed down to Red Deer, a pretty big town about an hour and a half south of Edmonton to give a training at zone conference and then start working with  some elders.  We went out to Stettler, 40 minutes east of Red Deer, and worked with those Elders for a couple days (shout out to Elder Potter). We were big jerks and made them move their p-day to Thursday so we could get the most out of our time there.  Tuesday I was with Elder Potter and we taught one of their investigators about the plan of salvation and set a baptismal date with him for April 15th.  Good stuff eh? We also found another new investigator that night and a bunch of potentials after feeling inspired to go to a certain place in town.  I guess it must be the Lord's work or something like that.  After working with Stettler we headed down to Innisfail, 20 minutes south of Red Deer on Wednesday and worked with those elders until this morning.  We had some good experiences and it was a grand old time. 😊


  

Well that about sums it up.  I hope you all know that I love this work, I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and I know it is true, as we make it our way of life we can become the best version of ourselves possible. Its a lot easier said than done that's for sure, but if we are really trying, He will help us one step at a time :)
Love you all! toodles.  

Weekly Scripture: D and C 19:31-32 31 And of tenets thou shalt not talk, but thou shalt declare repentance and faith on the Savior, and remission of sins by baptism, and by fire, yea, even the Holy Ghost. 32 Behold, this is a great and the last commandment which I shall give unto you concerning this matter; for this shall suffice for thy daily walk, even unto the end of thy life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment