Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Week 1, 9/28/15



My awesome comp

Hello everyone!  I'm still alive after 5 days in the MTC!  I'm not one for long detailed emails, so I'll just be brief.  This is hands down the hardest thing I have ever done.  Everyday there are so many times where you just feel so down and inadequate, but there are also so many great testimony building experiences and I feel like I have already grown a lot.

 The roughest was Saturday night... my comp and I taught a pretty cruddy lesson and the whole week I had been feeling super unprepared and like I was a terrible teacher.   I felt homesick and just really wanted to communicate with my family…I was really down. Then came Sunday morning.  During testimony meeting and the evening devotional I got answers to my prayers and it seemed like everything everyone said was directed right at me and helped me a lot.  Made me realize the Lord really is with us and answers our prayers:) 



I have felt the spirit felt at so many times throughout the da.  It is so strong!  My district is full of awesome missionaries, including my companion, who is 26 years old and still decided to go, so that tells you right there that he is awesome.  I've already come so close to my district and I love all of them, they all help so much.  I still have a long way to go till I can actually teach decent, but the Lord will get me there haha.  The church is true, love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment