Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Week 59, 11/16/16



What up!!  This week was another good one. :)  Thursday we had Zone Training Meeting, my first one as a zone leader, and it was pretty sweet!  There was all sorts of chaos being thrown our way at meeting time, but the spirit was still really strong.  Right before we started, the power in the church went out, so we had to move to a room with more natural light, and that ended up being the same room that the baptismal font was by, and towards the end of the meeting when the power was back on the baptismal font started filling up.  It was pretty distracting but the spirit was still super powerful.  Elder Klunker and I were both pretty pleased with the training we gave.  We feel like the whole zone is pretty inspired and motivated to use the Book of Mormon more in their work.  The Book of Mormon is where its at - alright?! 

Pics of our Zone, the biggest in the mission

Friday night and Saturday was pretty awesome, I went on exchanges with one of the assistants and one of my good mission buddies, Elder Mejia. We literally did finding all day, and talked to sooo many people, and honestly it was a great day.  He had a pass-over lesson with the Greenfield/Rutherford Elders (my old area) and I got to go on splits with Elder Sites while they were teaching the lesson, it was fun!  Of course, we went tracting haha.  Just like old times.  It was fun to catch up with him.   

Exchange selfie with AP E. Mejia
The whole rest of the week was mostly finding.  I feel like ever since I have really been trying and putting my best effort into every conversation I have, it has made a huge difference.  Maybe not in the outright results, but people seem genuinely more kind in return, and I feel way better and feel so much more love for the people as well.  This morning we got to go to the temple.  I LOVE THE TEMPLE.   

Missions are so awesome.  I could rant for pages and pages, but I would prefer to have more time to do fun things on my P-day.  Just know that I know that God our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ our Savior live, they love us, and this is their work :)  You all better have an awesome week alright?  Read your scriptures and say your prayers!  You'll get blessings galore.

E Bonny  
Wishing this kid good luck in Toronto Mission

Weekly scripture: Mosiah 26:24  24 He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment