Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Week 56, 10/25/16



Hello beloveds!  Well what do ya know, transfer chaos has struck yet again.  I'm not even surprised.  In fact, I would be very surprised if we didn't end up being the recipients of pre-transfer chaos again.  We are currently covering three areas again because Elder Mejia, one of our zone leaders went early to be trained as the new assistant.  I also received transfer news this morning.... I'm getting transferred!!! I'm going to Leduc, a town just south of Edmonton, and I will be with Elder Klunker, one of my good buddies from the MTC so I'm pumped!! I'm going to be a zone leader so that will definitely be an interesting challenge. I will miss so many people here who I have grown to love so much, but I can't lie, after 5 transfers I'm pretty excited to get a fresh start and go somewhere else.  

Zone Conference - Can you find me!


I honestly can't remember too much from this week, it's been one big messy blur.  We had a great lesson with Tracy about the temple and eternal families, and a great and very short lesson with AM about the Holy Ghost and how we receive answers to prayer.  They are both still doing great!  Tracy will definitely be baptized at some point.  She is coming to church next week, too bad I won't get to see her there.  

AM is also taking her truth seeking to the next level by committing to pray before she reads each day and SINCERELY study the Book of Mormon.  She seems extra motivated to find her answer.  She also came to three hours of church this week for the first time ever!  Slowly but surely the Lord is working His miracle in her life:)  We started working with a member in Greenfield Ward to help him quit smoking.  I've never really done that before.  Not really too much more to say about that haha it's pretty cool. 
  
I've grown a bit - about 8 inches
 Thursday night we had the most frustrating lesson on my mission haha. Some nice super Christian people scheduled an appointment with the YSA sisters so we all went together.  It started out really good, they gave us donuts and herbal tea and were super hospitable, and they seemed willing to listen to us, but then right after we started the head of the household took over and just would not let us talk.  He and his wife told us all these crazy stories and asked us all these questions trying to catch us in our words and accusing us of not having enough faith, telling us the we are cursed because of the Book of Mormon, asking us questions and then not letting us answer without interrupting them, etc.  I have been in way too many lessons (mostly in this area) where I have been too polite to butt in and stand up for myself and our church when someone is doing things like that and won't let me respond, so this time I was less polite and just didn't let them interrupt when they tried.  It didn't really help because they wouldn't listen to anything I (or any of us) said.  At the end the guy tried to heal one of the sisters because her stomach was hurting.... it didn't work.  It was a struggle for me to feel love for those people...oops.  

That's really all I have for this week!  I'm excited for a new experience 😊  - Elder B 

Weekly Scripture: D&C 12:8 8 And no one can assist in this work except he shall be humble and full of love, having faith, hope, and charity, being temperate in all things, whatsoever shall be entrusted to his care.

No comments:

Post a Comment