Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Week 30, 4/19/16


Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a super fun week.  I certainly did. Let me tell you about it! 

Wednesday we had a great zone training meeting and received some awesome training about how to more effectively find people to teach. They should've just called it the Slave Lake Legends reunion, because the Parks were there, Elder Payne was there, and of course Elder Hunsaker and his companion.  It was so fun to catch up with all of them and hang out for a bit:) Definitely the highlight of my week! 


Slave Lake All-Star Reunion!

The rest of the week was basically just the same old stuff, street contacting, tracting, a lot of walking and biking to people's houses and trying to set up appointments, and newly incorporated bus contacting.  That's when we just go ride a bus for a while and try to talk to people on the bus haha.  Unfortunately we didn't really have any success with all of our finding time this week. We were able to find a few potentials but none of them are super promising.... But ya never know eh?  And the weather was super nice and sunny for most of the week, yesterday I even got sunburnt, so that has been another good thing about this week:) 
My two most awesomest comps


Another highlight from the week was our ward correlation meeting that we had on Wednesday night.  I've never been in a ward correlation meeting that was this structured and really just inspired and led by the spirit!  We were able to discuss a lot of great things that could get the work moving forward here in Greenfield.  Elder Alvey and I are going to be focusing a lot more on working through the members for the next little while.  We are going to make it our goal to visit every member and share a message with them, and invite them to pray and select one person they could reach out to and share the gospel with/invite to a ward activity/ invite to church/ invite to a family home evening/ whatever it may be.  We are going referral hunting haha!  Member missionary work is by far the most effective way to do the work anyways, so we are really going to focus on that.  We are very optimistic and excited to see how it goes!! Well that's it for this week!  


Thank you all for the love and support. I am truly blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people in my life who are such great examples to me.  You are all the best, and I really mean it, so give yourselves a pat on the back for me eh?;) I just want to share my testimony that I know that our Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ live.  Jesus Christ was foreordained to be our savior and redeemer, and I know that he came to earth and lived the perfect life, and took the sins, pains, despairs, sufferings, and afflictions of the world upon him and felt what we felt/feel/will feel.  It was the greatest act of love for all of us that has ever or will ever take place. He went through it all and drank that bitter cup for us, so we can have the chance to repent and be free from the sins that bind us down and burden us with guilt.  I know that He can and will strengthen us through our trials if we reach out to Him.  He is our friend, and also our Lord.  I'm so grateful that we, as imperfect and mistake prone as we are, have this chance to change and have our burdens lifted.  I love my Savior and I know He lives:)    

Until next week -  Elder Bonny

Weekly scripture: John 15:12-15 
12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.   
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.   
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.   

15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.





No comments:

Post a Comment