Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Week 32, 5/3/16

Harvesting in style

"For behold the (Green)field is white and ready to harvest"

Greetings my dearly beloved brethren.  My heart is full of joy this day as I beset myself upon this chair, and unfold unto you all of our prosperings and indeed also the fullness of the joy that has swelled within my bosom this week. 

Behold, it came to pass that in the 4th week of the 4 month and into the first week of the fifth month of the year two thousand and sixteen, in the land which was exceedingly northward called Edmonton, we did toil and suffer much for the want of investigators and appointments.  Yea, we did labor much in the practice of tracting, yea and also even in street contacting.  Even we did thrust in the sickle, but nevertheless we did have no great success among the people of the Greenfield area.  Even insomuch that we were cast out of properties, and ridiculed and persecuted, and flipped off and f bombed at.  Now behold it came to pass that our souls were harrowed up with grief after our beloved new investigator Alex did drop us, and did say unto us:

"I just can't believe in this Joseph Smith guy, that just seems a little wacko to me... Oh and no I didn't read the Book of Mormon at all, I just went to google and looked him up." (don't even get me started on how frustrated I was) 

Nevertheless did continue in our sojourn to bring souls to Christ, and we were led to stumble upon a man traveling to his dwelling.  Yea, it came to pass that we did exhort him to open his ears and listen to the words which we did say unto him concerning the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and also the Book of Mormon, and he spake unto us and did say:

"It's ironic that you ask that, when I saw you down the street I said a prayer in my heart and said to God 'if these men be true Christians, let them say something to me.'"

Now behold when we thus heart these words our heart were filled with joy, and we did expound unto him our purpose as missionaries, and did give unto him a Book of Mormon,  therefore we did receive from the man a phone number and address.  Even so, we doth have exceedingly great hope that we might be able to meet with this man in the coming days. 

And it came to pass that on Saturday and Sunday there was a great and mighty stake conference that many men and their wives and their children did travel to in order to be nourished by the good word of God.  Yea, even we did attend.  And the conference was glorious and wonderful, and did fill our souls with the spirit of God.




Behold, it also came to pass that I was encompassed about with great happiness when at that conference I did reunite with my dearly beloved brethren Elder Payne, the Parks, and also Lawerance, yea, even the same whom I did baptize in the great and glorious promised land of Slave Lake.  Oh how magnificent and wonderful are the tender mercies of the Lord!  Yea, Lawerance did place a request before me that I might assist in ordaining him to the Melchizedek priesthood, even unto the office of Elder therein. Wherefore, I did accept the request with a fulness of joy swelling within my bosom, and did participate in the ordination. 

Thus we see it fulfilled when the Lord saith: "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto his people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!"  (D&C 18:15)

Even so we doth see that the Lord shall rain blessings down upon the children of men, if they will but be patient through their afflictions and endure them with steadfastness in Christ.    Behold, how great and marvellous is the work of the lord!  And now I say unto you my beloved, I thank you for the tender care and support in which you hath shown unto me, yea, it is my desire that notwithstanding the irritance and foolishness of the manner of language in which I have written this epistle unto you, you might still remain my friends and my kindred.  May God bless you all in your endeavours of the coming week.  Brethren, adieu.

Weekly scripture: Jacob 6:12:
"Oh be wise; what can I say more?"
 Elder Weston Bonny🇨🇦




This brother saved us with our bike repairs -
a dentist who loves cycling, snow skiing and water skiing...reminds me of someone  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment