Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Week 31, 4/26/16


Hi cuties! How's life?  Life here in Edmonton is great.  Our week was by far the best week we have had since I've been in the Greenfield area!
 
I'll start off with Thursday.  We had a good district meeting and then afterwards we went on exchanges.  I went with Elder Wilde, an ex-zone leader and holy fetch I learned a lot from him, he is a dynamite missionary!  Most of the exchange we just had finding planned, with a less active lesson and a recent convert lesson, both went well.  We were like finding machines, I don't know what it was but so many people were willing to stop and talk to us on the streets and were just super nice.  We were able to find 5 potential investigators from our finding.  I've only found 2 the whole time I've been here so I was pretty excited about that.  We also had a great visit with some members and we are hopeful that we will get a referral from them sometime soon.


Don't mess with us.  This is what modern day stripling warriors look like!

Saturday we, along with like 30 other members, helped a family in the ward move.  It was definitely a tender mercy to have some service to do because we haven't really been able to do any the whole time I have been here.  And the family we helped got everyone donair pizza afterwards and just let me tell you, that was the ultimate cherry on top.  You are all probably sick of hearing this but it's SO GOOD!

 
The other notable highlight this week was definitely Sunday afternoon.  We tracted into a guy and his family from The Bahamas, his name is AXXX.  It was pretty funny actually, we gave our door spiel and he invited us in and then asked his wife if it was okay, and she basically said not right now, and he was like, "Well heck I'm the boss of this house you guys can come on in for a bit."  When he invited us in I thought I was dreaming... I honestly can't even remember the last time I got invited into a house while tracting.  I'm pretty sure it was around Christmas time  it was a great lesson though!  We taught him the restoration and gave him a Book of Mormon and he prayed and asked God if what we said was true at the end. He is a super chill guy and seems like an honest seeker of truth.  He already has a very solid Christian background which is always nice.  We have an appointment next Sunday at 4 and hopefully his whole family will join in next time! 



Check out our clean apartement

And notice the fully stocked fridge with healthy food


Other than that, the week has just been full of the usual.  Our bikes broke down so we have been walking everywhere again, we found a few potentials while bus contacting yesterday, we have been visiting a lot of members and sharing missionary-work-promoting messages with them, and of course a lot of tracting and street contacting and trying to talk to EVERYONE and share the gospel with them.  I have definitely gotten a lot better at that since coming to Greenfield!

Well there's my week!  We have been blessed to see some of the fruits of our labours this week and it's a great feeling.  I know that the Lord is preparing people everywhere to hear the message of His restored gospel, it's just up to us (members and missionaries) to do all we can to find those people and give them an opportunity to learn about it and partake of the wonderful blessings that come.   I love you all, hope you guys have the best week ever ️

Elder Weston Bonny🇨🇦
 
Weekly Scripture: D&C 11:12-13

12 And now, verily, verily, I say unto thee, put your trust in that Spirit which leadeth to do good--yea, to do justly, to walk humbly, to judge righteously; and this is my Spirit.

13 Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy;


No comments:

Post a Comment