Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Week 29, 4/12/16


Meet my new district
Hi everyone! Well not too much happened this week but it was still a good one nonetheless. It's impossible to have a bad week when you're on the Lord's team eh? 

Wednesday was a very boring but productive day. Elder Alvey had a migraine literally all day and slept for about 14 straight hours that day haha, I thought he was dead! I'm not going to lie I was kind of grateful for him not feeling good because our apartment BADLY needed a deep clean. I spent all day wiping, sweeping, vacuuming, cleansing, scrubbing, dusting, and organizing everything you can imagine. I wish I would've taken before and after pics, because the transformation was seriously miraculous. I was pretty pleased with the finish product, and i slept very well that night because I was exhausted!!! It was a good day though, I got to listen to a lot of great past conference talks and I enjoyed the opportunity to just ponder and be alone with my thoughts for a while. 

Back to walking dogs  :)   Meet Wiz
The rest of the week was full of walking everywhere, some appointments falling through, talking to people on the street, teaching a lesson at a single adult family home evening activity (there were some pretty interesting people there haha), and just the usual missionary life. 

Happy Birthday Hoser!
Saturday was a good day because 1: it was my birthday and I made myself a super good cake that my fam sent me and got donair poutine, and 2: we finally got our bikes back!! My bruised and blistered feet were in much need of a break so that was a tender mercy. Elder Alvey really doesn't like biking though so sadly that was the only day we rode the bikes. Hopefully that will change because my feet are seriously messed up hahaha. 


Sunday was also a great day just because it was the first time I have been to church in my new ward! Holy cow EVERYTHING about this ward is different than what I'm used to! It's a big ward with tons of young families and little kids, and all the people are awesome. I felt the spirit so strong singing the opening hymn. Listening to the loud organ and hearing so many other voices singing along was just so powerful! Well that's basically all that is worth mentioning from this week. 

Bday poutine...this one didn't agree with my tummy ;(
There is not a lot happening in Greenfield at the moment but things will turn around hopefully soon! I hope you all have a great week as always, bye cuties ️  Weekly scripture: D and C 88:63: 63 Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.  

Elder Weston Bonny

No comments:

Post a Comment