Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 28, 4/5/16

Short sleeves!  And my new comp E. Alvey in Greenfield

Hello again fam/friends! I hope you all had a swag filled week. I certainly did in my new area. I definitely miss Slave Lake a lot but Greenfield is full of a lot different things and I can tell it will be a great experience here and I will learn a lot. 


A little about my new area: It is super tiny, it is a little southeast of downtown Edmonton, we don't have a car or bikes (apparently we did have bikes but someone gave them to other missionaries in our district...smh), the population here is super culturally diverse, we aren't really working with a whole lot of people right now, I'm in a big ward instead of a small branch now, random people we don't know always honk at us when we are walking places, WE WALK SO MUCH, there are a bunch of wild jack rabbits all over the place, and there are a lot of other different things too but that list will have to do for now. So I guess I will tell you guys what I did this week now. 



Saying adios to the Parks...pretty sad.

 Tuesday night I just said bye to a lot of people in Slave Lake. I was totally fine till I said bye to the fam, I was kind of bummed out after that. I didn't get to say bye to Rita, Marcus, Stevo, or Jesse because they were out of town.... But it's okay I'm not a fan of goodbyes haha. Wednesday morning I said bye to the Parks which also was pretty sad, then we headed down to transfers. At transfers I got to catch up with some of my friends in the mission which was nice (shoutout to Elders Payne, Klunker, and Chadsey), and then said bye to Elder Hunsaker and headed to my new apartment with Elder Alvey. The rest of the day consisted mostly of walking around southwest Edmonton meeting some members, investigators, less actives, etc. 
-- THE FAM--



The rest of the week was basically the same as the first day, full walking, walking, occasional talking and missionary work, and more walking haha. The weather has been unbelievably nice and sunny though! Friday I was wearing my short sleeve shirt all day and I was sweating. 

The best days of the week were Saturday and Sunday because.... Duh! Conference! Conference was so awesome. I wish I could tell you all my favorite talk but I really have no idea because they were all so great. Definitely a much needed spiritual boost! I really am so grateful to be lead by a living prophet and apostles! Sunday morning we were able to have breakfast at a member's home and watch conference with their family:) This morning we were able to go and do a session at the temple and it was so great. I just love the temple and spirit there so much! Well I'm definitely excited to get to know the Greenfield area and ward better, everything about this area is basically the exact opposite from Slave Lake haha, but that's how growth happens! There is no growth in the comfort zone;) 




Last pic from Slave Lake :(

Anyways thank you all for your support and I hope you all have an awesome week!  Weekly scripture: Mosiah 2:41: 41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.  Elder Weston Bonny🇨🇦

No comments:

Post a Comment