Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Week 82, 4/26/17



Hey cuties.  

This email will hopefully be a little bit shorter than usual. This week was awesome but I don't have a whole lot to write about, just where we were and a cool story for ya:)   Heather and Meccana went to the temple on Wednesday and loved it as far as I know! They are so awesome.  
  
Sweet morning run with the boys along the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton

This week we mostly worked in Edmonton with a couple different companionships of YSA missionaries, we pretty much did finding the whole time, mostly on the public transit system which is definitely my favorite form of finding. It is fun to actually have conversations with people rather than feeling like an annoying salesman on their door.  

On Friday Saturday and Sunday we were killing it in the thriving metropolis of St. Paul, Alberta. It is a town of about 5000 people about two and a half hours north east of Edmonton. We had a fun time with the missionaries out there and taught a lot of people. Elder LeFevre and I found 3 new investigators, pretty cool eh?  

Behold the NORTHERN LIGHTS

Can you find me?

I want to tell a story about how we found one of those new investigators. It was about 8 o'clock and we had two appointments fall through, honestly that is kind of the usual for us missionaries. We weren't quite sure what to do because the whole town has been tracted out pretty recently. We were driving somewhat close to an apartment complex, and felt like we should go and try to buzz people's apartments and try to get in the complex and knock a few doors.  That is pretty uncommon for missionaries in this mission to do, so we felt kind of apprehensive, but it made sense because missionaries probably hadn't tried that before.  As we were walking up to the apartment complex door, we saw a couple girls out on their porch on the first floor having a smoke. We went and struck up a conversation and one of them turned out to be truth seeking. Long story short, one of them is now an investigator who is committed to be baptized!   I love being a missionary and having opportunities to be an instrument in Gods hands to help people like her who are so prepared to hear the message of the restored gospel.😊  

Home at last!
Another fun part about the St. Paul trip was on Sunday we went out to a town an hour north of Saint Paul called Bonnyville, hence the subject of the email.  Ever since I got to the mission I have been wanting to go there for obvious reasons haha.  The town is bigger than St. Paul and they have been wanting to go up there a lot more often than they do, but they don't have the kilometres, so we took them and worked up there for a few hours and it was great!  We found a couple solid potentials



In other news, the weather is still a joke.  It has snowed more than half the days this week!  I'm wondering if winter will ever actually end or if we will just keep getting teased with good weather for a couple days then back to winter.  Well that's it for this week folks. Life is good. Im so blessed. There are so many amazing people in this mission who I get to serve around and learn from. I'm really excited to finish writing this email so I will have more time to go ball.  

Love you all!   

Weekly Scripture: pretty sure I've already used his one but it was a big theme of my studies this week, Ether 12:27: And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. 



If I look pretty frustrated and angry that winter won't end - I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment