Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Sunday, May 14, 2017

week 83, 5/2/17



Celestial Elders
Hey fam:)

There isn't a whole lot I have to say about this week,  that that doesn't mean it wasn't a super solid week.  This week we worked with the Spanish Millwoods Elders, the Tagalog Millwoods Elders, the Bearspaw Elders, and the Strathcona Married Student Ward Finding Elders.  

We pretty much did finding the whole time with a few lessons mixed in here and there.  Most of the finding I did was on the LRT (kinda like the subway or the metro) and other public transit.  It is super fun and you get to have some awesome conversations with people, and it's also super socially and spiritually exhausting haha.   After a 5 hour spurt of LRT contacting one day afterwards I was so sick of listening to myself talk.  I've been loving the feeling of just getting out where all the people are and talking to everybody and simply preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.  There is nothing better I could be doing every day.  

The past few days I set a goal and have been trying really hard to follow every first prompting the Holy Ghost gives me, like Elder Rasband counseled.  It's pretty hard but I have noticed that If I just act on every slight feeling I have to do good, even if it's something I wouldn't normally do that might be considered a little bit weird from someone else's perspective.  It's such a good feeling to act on promptings regardless of the result.  That's it for this week.  This next week should be fun, we have Zone conference and we are heading up to Fort McMurray. 

Love you all!  

Weekly Scripture: 3 Nephi 27:20-21 20 Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day. 21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do; 


More Exchange Selfies




Desiree came thru again with an awesome bday gift!

Credit the talented and inspired E Hunsaker for making this meme of me



No comments:

Post a Comment