Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Week 66, 1/2/17



Elder Mathewson in Hinton

Hello fam:)  There is good news and bad news this week.  But I have a lot to write about and not a lot of time so I'll get right to it.  I went on exchanges with an awesome Elder named Elder Mathewson in Hinton on Wednesday and Thursday.  Hinton is the town that is closest to Jasper and it is right where the mountains start, so I got to be right by the mountains all day, I loved it!  Not a lot to say about that exchange other than Elder Mathewson is awesome and Hinton is awesome.  So needless to say, it was an awesome day.   

Now on to the bad news... Saturday morning we got a ridiculously unexpected call from President Pattison and he told us he is moving me to the Ellerslie Ward on Tuesday to be a zone leader for the Millwoods Zone.  Transfers aren't for another 2 weeks, so yet again I am getting moved into an area mid-transfer where neither me nor my companion have served before.  My companion will be Elder Anderson, and I hear he is super dope.  The reason for the transfer is because currently the Assistants are acting as Zone Leaders as well for the Millwoods Zone, and apparently its just a bit too busy for them, which makes sense. So yes, you guessed right: CHAOS STRIKES AGAIN:):):). If I'm being totally honest I'm still in the "trying (and failing) to have a good attitude" phase of all this haha.  There are a lot of negatives I could list but I will spare you all my complaining.  I'm just bummed and was super looking forward to killing it these last two weeks with Elder Klunker, I'm gonna miss being his comp way bad. I'm sure I will grow a lot from this experience though.   

The FAM back in Slave Lake - Luv em!
Now on to the good news!! After we got that call I knew I only had a few days left of being a zone leader over the zone that my first area, Slave Lake (the promised land), is in.  So we planned an exchange with the Slave Lake Elders for the following Monday while I still could. Sunday night after Elder Klunker and my last tracting sesh together (😪) we headed up north to meet up with and exchange with the Slave Lake Elders, and the exchange was seriously the best exchange of my whole mission, and probably one of the best days of my whole mission!! 

Throwback Tuesday pic in the Promised Land.  Recognize this spot?
 
E Gorski - Mandatory exchange selfie
I got to see all of my favorite people who I love so much.  We helped Len shovel his driveway, the Parks fed us a great lunch, we met with my homies Desiree and Nick and taught Nick a dece lesson, after that we MET WITH THE FAM:):):) The whole fam was pretty much there, we hung out and talked with them and kids for a while and then taught Blake and Bev a really spiritual lesson about the importance of the Book of Mormon. It was so good to see them again, I honestly cant even describe it. After that we tracted for a bit and then had supper with the Leishmans and Desiree, super fun to see them again:). After that we went and visited Lawxxx, and it was the greatest thing ever but also the saddest thing ever because he is struggling quite a bit right now.  We had a really good conversation with him though, and we all felt the spirit very strongly.  Pray for him!  The whole day I just felt right at home, and Elder Gorski and I had some really powerful teaching experiences together! I feel like I was able to help Elder Gorski out and teach him some things that will help him, and I learned some things from him as well.  Such an amazing day, and such a tender mercy to be able to experience it all.   

My new comp, E. Anderson and my previous four comps, all in one glorious room!

That is it for now.  We will see how it goes for us in Ellerslie. The only thing I know about it is that its in the southern middle part of Edmonton.  Ill give y'all some good updates next week.  I love this work, even though it breaks my heart sometimes!!   Elder B

Weekly Scripture: Alma 32:41 41 But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.  

Are we rockin' the comp onesies or what!  E. Klunker doesn't look too thrilled ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment