Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Week 104, 9/28/17

Pres and Sis Pattinson


Wow.... I cant believe it but my mission is pretty much over!  But not until I send my final group email. :)  

 With it being transfer week will be pretty short, but this week I really learned how God is in control of everything and works by wise means to "kill two (or three, or four, etc.) birds with one stone."  First example, remember my story about Rita and Jordan last week? Not only is their conversion process helping them become more converted to Christ, but it is helping and continues to help a whole bunch of other people who heard the story or are involved in teaching them come closer to Christ and remember their testimonies too.  It was pretty cool in fast and testimony meeting this week when the brother who helped us teach them the first time got up and talked about how much that opportunity helped him feel the Spirit at a time when he needed it.  Rita and Jordan are still doing very well and I am confident that they will have the opportunity to be baptized soon.   

Gonna miss lots of families like this!!

Second example.  We were doing some office work on Saturday night (typical) and a companionship called us because they were close to our apartment and wanted to go tracting with us to finish out the night. There were 4 of us at the office and I felt like I needed to make it happen.  So essentially I ditched them and this companionship came and picked me up.  I knew of a potential investigator who we had a super good conversation a few weeks before who we recently found out lived super close to us, like literally 15 yards away.  So we went right to their door and ended up teaching her and her two friends and felt the Spirit really strongly with them.  It turns out that a few hours before when she went to go do her homework she turned to the page that she put our diagram of the Doctrine of Christ that we gave her when we talked to her, and was reminded of the good feelings she felt when we talked, so of course the Lord had us go and teach her and her friends that night. 
Gee - I can't wait til I hit puberty

The second bird killed was that the companionship I was with was having a really rough day and desperately needed a good boost like that.  It was such a good moment.  We have taught her once since then and she is pretty solid!!  

Well finishing my mission could not have gone better.  None of you will ever understand how amazing my mission has been for me, and how mercifully and miraculously the Lord has blessed me.  That is totally okay with me though because my mission is for the Lord and His children.  Nothing I say can suffice to express the magnitude of happiness that the Lord has given to me through serving Him full time!  

Peace out - Elder B 

Weekly Scripture is super cliche this week but its fine with me:    2 Timothy 4:7-  I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:   

Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment