Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Friday, September 30, 2016

Week 52, 9/26/16



Hey Fam!  Wow.  I seriously can't believe I have been out a whole year.  It has absolutely flown by!  At the same time though, I look back on some experiences early on my mission on it kind of does seem like forever ago in a way, just because so much happens every day, it's like cramming 5 years worth of experiences and lessons learned into one year.  This week was so awesome and so busy, as usual. 
Drowning in the work - 4 area books and 1 companionship!
Wednesday I was on exchanges with Elder Shipley in River Valley.  I would say the highlight of the exchange was a lesson we had with one of their investigators.  She's a 55 year old lady and I guess she has a thing for brown men haha... And she isn't afraid to make it known either. Elder Shipley is half Mexican, and after the lesson when she was leaving she said to him (after he declined her hug), "Well I will surely see you again my handsome Mexican man."  Hahaha it was so funny and weird.  Good thing they are passing her over with the sisters!   

Thursday we had a ZTM which is always just splendid.  We had a bunch of new rules and policies implemented which I think will mostly help the mission a lot.  We also received a great training on how we help people make and keep commitments and following up.  I also got to hang out with the Parks which always makes my day!  We also were able to teach Tracy again, and this lesson went really well!  We found the perfect fellowshipper for her.  Same job, similar age, they really hit it off.  We taught her the Restoration again and showed the short first vision video.  The spirit was so strong!  At the end of the lesson we invited her to be baptized and she said she had already been baptized... We were super short on time so we said we would talk more about that next time.   
Crossing over the hump on HUMP DAY

Friday- HUMP DAY -  the official year mark!  Somehow, someway a member offered to take us golfing with a nonmember on Friday morning!  Talk about tender mercies.  We got to go golfing at probably one of the nicest golf courses in Edmonton, Jagare Ridge.  The nonmember who came with us is part of a part-member family, and it was an awesome chance to get to know him better and build a relationship with him.  We have been trying to get in contact with him for a while and now we feel like if we called to set something up he would accept.  Anywho, golf was super fun even though it was cold and windy.  I did terrible which I was completely expecting so it was okay haha.  I did manage to have some good shots and some decent holes which was a nice surprise.  
  
Look for me soon on the LDS Missionary Canadian P-Day Tour
 


Saturday the highlight was probably the chance we had to give a few sisters in the district priesthood blessings.  They were both really stressed out about a lot of things, and then when I called for stewardship it was so cool to hear how much better they are doing now. We also taught AM that night, and she actually read the Book of Mormon and LIKED it!! This is such a huge step for her because that has been her biggest road block in her progression up to this point. She also came to church and enjoyed it:) She is doing great, she still has a long way to go but I can see the Lord helping her step by step along the way.   

Well that's it for this week.  I guess some other big news, WE ARE GOING TO JASPER AGAIN TODAY!!! That's why I'm sending this so early haha.  Thank goodness Elder Sites hasn't been, otherwise I wouldn't be able to go.  We are gonna have an awesome time, I'll send pics next week or possibly later today.  



 Love you all tons! Hope you all enjoy watching conference this weekend!  I'm so pumped:):):)   

Weekly Scripture:D&C 75:29: 29 Let every man be diligent in all things. And the idler shall not have place in the church, except he repent and mend his ways.    


No comments:

Post a Comment