Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Friday, September 16, 2016

Week 50, 9/13/16



Hello homies:)  This week was another great one!  I have a tendency to write super long group emails so this week I'm only going to talk about the most important things for you all to know about.   

So first, we have the legendary #YEGMormon social media day.  Yup, we got followed by people basically all day, with them all posting pictures of us using that hashtag.  It was kind of fun and kind of strange.  We had a lot of finding scheduled that day, with a few lessons and some service.  We were able to have a great lesson with our investigator Anne Marie that night.  We have been very slowly going through the plan of salvation with her, and she is slowly but surely accepting everything we say as truth and changing little bits at a time.  We taught her again last night and finished up teaching her the plan of salvation.  She is of course very interested in life after death because she recently lost her husband, and it's been very very hard for her.  It was pretty funny, when we walked in on Saturday with a lesson plan to teach her about life after death, she instantly started telling us about this preacher video she watched on YouTube about that same subject, and told us all about how we will all be 5 feet and 5 inches tall in the afterlife, and Angels will be 7 feet tall, and a bunch of other bizarre things I have never heard of before haha.  She is progressing well though, and accepting most of everything we teach her:)   

Me Skyping in to Len's baptism!!
Sunday was awesome because:  1. Church is great 2. LEN FROM SLAVE LAKE GOT BAPTIZED!!!  Len is an awesome old English guy that Elder Ridge Francis Payne and I found by tracting.  I knew he would get baptized at some point, and it finally happened.  I got permission to skype in and watch the service (aside from the actual baptism of course) and talk to him a bit, and talk to a bunch of other people dear to my heart up in Slave Lake.  Nothing is better than seeing people change their lives and come unto Christ:)   

Sunday was a new record 10 hours of church for us.  There was a special meeting held after Rutherford church for 3 wards in the stake, for a boundary change.  Basically all that affected us in the boundary change was the Rutherford ward losing a bunch of people.  Oh well haha, Rutherford was too big anyway.  

Pizza Unlimited with the District never disappoints
Now it's time for me to address the "more chaos" part of my subject: Yeah you guessed right, the craziness continues for us.  The craziness update this week is that we found out a little before transfers that the Greenfield/Rutherford sisters are getting shut down.  So that means we get ALL of their work! That is a lot of work haha, we have tough shoes to fill.  A lot of the people they work with are super sad that they are going to have to meet with the Elders now instead.  This should be a fun challenge.  So basically since I came to Greenfield, the amount of work that we have taken on has quadrupled haha.  I love the excitement of a new challenge:)   

Love - Elder B

Weekly scripture: Jeremiah 4:19 19 ¶My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.  

                                         Helping Brandon build his model with out usual efficiency

No comments:

Post a Comment