Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Week 99, 8/22/17



Hello homies.  Not really feeling like writing a super long email today cuz I haven't had a real pday in 2 weeks and im desperate for ball time so here are some highlights:  Last week was transfers and we housed 13 missionaries for 2 nights in a row and it was a party!  However, I was awake for an average of about 20 hours a day from Monday-Thursday and that aspect of this week and housing so many missionaries wasn't a party.   


Thursday was MLC, my very last one!!  Elder Johnston and I a couple good trainings.  One in particular went really well, it was one of the stronger spiritual meetings I have been in for a while.  Saturday and Sunday I was super happy all day, because we pretty much got to focus on proselyting the whole day.  We received some definite revelation for our area during MLC and we had a really good planning session where we sat down and basically formulated a six week plan based off of our goals for the area.  I was already excited to work super hard and do the best I could do this last transfer, but now I'm even more pumped.  I really feel like we are going to see some serious miracles.  We took some cookies around to our neighbors to introduce ourselves on Saturday.  It was pretty awesome, we have some dynamite neighbors. 
   

Yesterday we unexpectedly got stuck in the office for a while.  Elder Johnston and I got asked to essentially be testers for this new "tool" that SLC has created for mission office staffs worldwide to use to make the referral assigning process much easier and more reliable.  We tested it out a little on Sunday night then Monday we had a conference call with SLC and offered our feedback as they took us through the tool.  It was pretty cool! 
    


Well I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and I know that it is true because the Holy Ghost has confirmed it to me.  I have been the happiest I have ever been on my mission as I have really given my all to the Lord.  It's no coincidence!  I'm excited to find and teach some solid investigators this week.   

Love ya - 

Weekly Scripture: Mormon 9:15-16 15 And now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you, have all these things passed, of which I have spoken? Has the end come yet? Behold I say unto you, Nay; and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles. 16 Behold, are not the things that God hath wrought marvelous in our eyes? Yea, and who can comprehend the marvelous works of God?   

Pics: 1) Posterity pic! Elder Sites is training.  He's my hero. 2)Bye Elder Kendall💔 3)Bye Elder Mejia💔 4) MLC

No comments:

Post a Comment