Serving in the Canada Edmonton Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Monday, December 28, 2015

Week 13, 12/23/15

Hello cuties and Merry Christmas to everyone! I can't believe I've already been out almost three months and that I'm about to experience my first Christmas away from home.... It still doesn't seem real haha. 

 

Well this week was absolutely awesome!!  The two highlights were definitely mission conference and Lawerance's baptism. Mission conference was on Thursday in Edmonton, which meant we had to wake up pretty early to drive and get there in time to get Lawerance's name embossed onto a set of scriptures we got him as a gift. Driving down to Edmonton we hit -27 at one point (Celsius) I think that's like -17 Fahrenheit.

Merry Xmas to me!
Half the mission was there, so about 150ish missionaries, and it was about 5 hours long.  We had lunch, listened to an awesome training from our mission president, listened to some musical performances, and did a few other things.  It was fun to catch up with a few of my friends from my MTC district, and I learned SO much about how we can draw upon the powers of heaven to make us more successful missionaries. After that Elder Payne and I went out to eat at Red Robin with our district and a few other Elders, it was a lot of fun to get to know them better and make more friends in the mission field!  Sadly our waitress was a bit (ridiculously) slow, and we were there for like 2 hours  so we didn't get home to the promised land -aka Slave Lake until super late. 

Now onto the main event.  Lawerance's baptism was so great!  He was just radiant with joy the whole time.  In church the next day he was confirmed and given the gift of the Holy Ghost, and in gospel principles class he was saying how he could definitely feel the difference in now having the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. He was still radiating happiness!  After church he was ordained to be a Priest, and also set apart in a calling to serve as the Elder's quorum secretary!  We know he will make a great member:)  We love that guy! 

Fortunately we haven't been doing as much tracting lately because we've been busy, just preparing for the baptism, teaching a few lessons to several other investigators, service, and other usual missionary things.

Just wishing the lovely (AND LOUD) people upstairs a jolly holiday
We have had some issues at our apartment lately.  The people who live above us are so unbelievably loud and annoying. I'm not even exaggerating, 24/7 there is constant pounding and people running around and jumping and it sounds like they are trying to be as loud as they possibly can. It seriously goes all night, one night I woke up from it at 2:30 and then it is already started at 6:30 when we wake up. I've kind of gotten used to it though haha.

I hope all of you have a very merry Christmas and I really appreciate the cards and mail, it seriously makes my day, so thank you to all you true homies out there;) Love you all!  

 Elder Bonny


No comments:

Post a Comment